Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I wear a menstrual cup

3 posters

Go down

Can I wear a menstrual cup Empty Can I wear a menstrual cup

Post  Jazz Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 am

Can one wear a menstrual cup even if they are a virgin. It just looks so confusing and like it would hurt. Would love to hear you ladies opinion about this.

Jazz

Back to top Go down

Can I wear a menstrual cup Empty Re: Can I wear a menstrual cup

Post  Guest Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:14 pm

I'm a virgin and I'm wearing mine right now! It has a learning curve.

However, it does take a few days for your body to get used to I admit. However, some of brands on the smaller side could make the process easier. I found when I was first learning that every day I continued to make process. Day one I could only get the lips in, day 2, I could insert it, but not make it pop open all the way, and day three, it was successful, but it hurt really bad, but by the end of the day, I could get it in comfortably with no pain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jazz Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for posting. Ahh I am so scared of pain, lol.

Jazz

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Physically, there is no reason why a virgin cannot wear a cup. Being in my line of work, I have spoken to MANY virgins who use them. Its really just a question of weather or not a hymen is a big deal to you, culturally or religiously. Because using internat mesntrual products of any kind can alter it.

I'll be honest, for a virgin, it may take some practice and getting used to. Its just like with pads and tampons-- when you first use a pad, you think "Ugh! This thing feels like a diaper! And it hurts when it gets bunched up and I sit on it..." But later on, you just don't really think about it.

Then with tampons, you're like, "Man, this feels wierd! Will I ever get used to it??" But you do, with more use.

Its the same with cups. You just have to figure out ways of putting it in and taking it out that work for you. And of course, talking to other cup-using virgins helps a lot. I strongly encourage it.

Last edited by Melissa569 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Loucheena Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 pm

I'm a virgin, and only 15, and using cup has been painless from the start! It took me awhile to insert it (because I couldn't find the entrance), but once I did the cup went in easily! The same for removal too (once I stopped panicking that I couldn't get it out, lol.) So it varies from person to person I guess. Also, I don't have a hymen(maybe from sports?), so that probably made things easier.

Loucheena

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:51 pm

True, not everyone has a hymen, some break it doing sports or dancing, or using tampons, or self exploration... And then of course, some people are just born without one.

I had a hymen when I was like 12 and 13. I remember I could feel it, and I think I even saw it once via a mirror. Also, at that age, I was extremely dry, and NOTHING would go in. Not even one finger, and if I tried, it would hurt, lol. I remember, when I was 12, I tried to insert a very small tampon. It was the Tampax one with the squared-end carboard applicator (that's all they had back then). Did NOT like it, lol. I only got the applicator in like maybe half an inch, and because everything was so dry, it got stuck, lol. Maybe if they would have had the more rounded, smooth, plastic applicators back then, it would have been ok. I didn't know about o.b. (the little ones with no applicator). That would have worked better too. I didn't start regualry using tampons until I was like 20 (and it was the o.b. kind).

I'm sure even a small cup would have worked better, because the paper applicator and those dry tampon fibers absorb all your moisture, so they just make it more dry.

But yeah, little by little, between the ages of 13 and 18, the hymen just.... Went away, I guess you could say. I just didn't notice it anymore when I was 18. I didn't lose my virginity until my early 20's, but still the hymen was gone before then. Some of the above causes may be to blame, of course.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down