Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need advice on picking a cup!!

Go down

I need advice on picking a cup!! Empty I need advice on picking a cup!!

Post  kam2490 Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:25 pm

I am 20 years old and am sexually active. I am on birth control and so my flow is pretty light. About a year ago I bought a small lady cup and I am in love with it! However, about 2 months ago my flow started to get heavy and now I have to change my cup every 2 to 4 hours or it leaks so I need to find a bigger cup. I'm not sure which cup to go with because I am only 20 and I have not had any kids. I was looking at the size 2 lunette. Do you think this is the right cup for me? Thank you!

kam2490

Back to top Go down

I need advice on picking a cup!! Empty Re: I need advice on picking a cup!!

Post  Melissa569 Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Small ladycup really doesn't hold very much. Capacity goes to the lowes holes, and in that sense, it holds quite a bit less than even small lunette.

If your'e not sure about larges just yet (like a size/comfort issue), you could try cups that really aren't too much bigger than small ladycup, but because of their higher holes, they hold more. Such cups would be:

* Small Lunette
* Small Yuuki
* Small Fleurcup

Although changing it every 2 hours, is still a bit on the heavy side, even though it involves a small ladycup. I suppose a large Lunette would help a lot in terms of capacity, if you are really concerned about your flow in any small cup. And you would be skipping a step by going straight to a large, and not having to buy another one later when you have a baby. Also, a large can be used for a light or heavy flow, so there would be more room for you flow to go either way without worries.

I think it realy just depends on how much more time you want to buy between emptying the cup, and if you're willing to go through the practice of switching to a larger size at this point (it'll probably take some adjustments, since a large may feel a little different).

Hope this helps somewhat Smile

Last edited by Melissa569 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

I need advice on picking a cup!! Empty Thanks!

Post  kam2490 Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Ok, thank you. I was thinking of getting the large lunette but I wanted some advice from someone who knows more than I do. Now that you have told me that I am going to buy the large lunette. Thank you!!!

kam2490

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Quite welcome my friend. Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down