Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diva Cup leaking

2 posters

Go down

Diva Cup leaking Empty Diva Cup leaking

Post  aqua3473 Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:33 pm

This is my 2nd cycle with my large Diva. I did fine the first cycle No leaks what so ever. This cycle it has done nothing but leak except at night. My cervix is pretty high up and the cup feels round and open I am able to twist it. It is no where near full when I remove it. I have been having to clean it and change pads about every 30 min for the past 2 days. I just do not understand why this month is so much different than last month. When I remove it I can hear suction. I don't know, but I do know I can not do that every month.

aqua3473

Back to top Go down

Diva Cup leaking Empty Re: Diva Cup leaking

Post  Melissa569 Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:49 pm

Be sure you are not inserting it up too far, sometimes that can cause leaks, because the rim can get our of place in regards to the cervix. It might also be an angle thing, sometimes we insert slightly differently one epriod than we do another, without knowing it. Being in the menstrual cup community, you may have heard this before, but just in case Smile -- always aim back toward the rectum when inserting, never aim up.

Sometimes it can help to let it pop open a little early when you insert, and then coaxi it up the rest of the way. For me, that just seems to create a better seal. Then of course, once its in place, you can squeeze the bottom or middle of the cup just a little bit to let out a small amoutn of air. This too helps with suction.

If its possible, you can also check with your doctor, to make sure its not a tilted cervix/uterus issue. That too can cause cups to fluctuate between sealing right sometimes, and leaking. The tilt isn't really a big deal, but it can make getting the right seal kind of challenging. Usually only certain kinds of cups work for people in those cases (firmer, or a flared rim).

Otherwise, it could be a size issue. Which size Diva did you get? Do you have kids? Sexually active? A cup that's too small or too big can also leak. It doesn't sound like its overflowing though, because you said it wasn't full when you took it out... Also, sometimes size can be very unique. The sizing guidelines help in most cases, but I've known mothers of 3 who use a small, and virgins who use a large.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aqua3473 Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 pm

I have a diva 2 and I have 3 children I had by c-section. I am sexually active. I just am just kind of wondering what in the world I could be doing different this time. I guess I still have so much to learn. I have been told that I do have a tilted uterus. I am sure that I have been putting it in back and not up, but I guess I am experiencing the learning curve. I am to determined to give up so easily. Maybe next month will be better.

aqua3473

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:47 pm

Ooooh ok, tilted uterus. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I think its probably the tilt that is contributing to the leaking. The way it sits can have a big impact on how a cup fits inside us, because it can effect the direction of the vagina. Some times it can tilt and lean more one day that it does another. Not leaking at night... Perhaps the way you lay pulls your uterus and vagina are more straight inside. In these cases, it really does fluctuate from one day (or one period) to the next.

I would say keep practicing, to see if you can find a position that stands up aginst the tilt. But if not, you may later be able to try something that's a little firmer, or with a flared rim. For some people, it helps to hold everything open and in place better. But as cups are not cheap, I know that's not always the easiest solution...

It might be possible to find a good cup position though, since the first cycle went well... Sometimes it helps to know which direction the tilt goes in, so you can counter it by tilting the cup a little bit against that direction.

Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down