Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stiffness compared to large lunette?

3 posters

Go down

Stiffness compared to large lunette? Empty Stiffness compared to large lunette?

Post  Sol_i_nord Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi!

I bought a small fleurcup a couple of weeks ago, and I'm having some trouble with it.. It always starts to leak when there's about 10ml in it (so I have to change it at least every hour on my two heavy days). Does anybody know how the large lunettes stiffness is compared to the small fleurcup?

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Stiffness compared to large lunette? Empty Re: Stiffness compared to large lunette?

Post  Melissa569 Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 pm

I have both (small fleur and large lunette) The two are pretty much identical in feel and stiffness. Its possible a small fleur might be leaking because its not wide enough, or placement issues. Sometimes if your cervix is low, it can take up space in yoru cup, reducing capacity, particularly with small cups. Which way do you insert? Do you think your cervix is low?
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Stiffness compared to large lunette? Empty Re: Stiffness compared to large lunette?

Post  Sol_i_nord Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 am

I think it might be my cervix, because there's no leaking until there's 9~10ml. in the cup, and then it always starts leaking. And if I let it leak, and put on a pad, theres never more in the cup when I empty it. I think I might need a wider cup also, I'm a mother, but I had a c-section, so I'm not sure. But I'm going for the large lunette.. if it's too big I can always use it later Smile

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Sounds like it could be a good idea. In a pinch on a real heavy day, I can get away with wearing a large, even though I've never had kids. Of course, being a married woman helps with that, I'm not really big, but I'm not real small. Let me know how the large works for you Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol_i_nord Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Today I received my large lunette;)
I've only done one dry run, but I'm amazed by how flexible the stem is. On my fleurcup I had to chop the whole stem off, but I think I'll keep the stem untrimmed on my lunette. It did not feel too big at all, I actually find it comfortable and easy to insert because it is so smooth. I really, really hope that this works out, *dreaming about a leak-free period*

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Glad you got your Lunette, please report back and let us know how everything turns out, ok?
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol_i_nord Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:50 pm

I've finished my first period with my lunette now;) At least my havy days. The first day I could not wear it at all. After I put it in it really started hurting, and I felt dizzy. I tried a couple of times the same day, but ended up giving up. I tried inside out also, but still it hurt. I felt around the rim, and it felt like the rim was hitting the "base" of my cervix. So I put it away for the rest of the day.

The next day the problem was gone! It didn't hurt and worked perfectly. I still have some problem with my cervix sitting in the cup, so I can only fill it to about 15-16 ml (according to the measurelines). But hey! That's not so bad.

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Well that's good Smile

For some of us, the first time using it is a bit strange, and a few women might be abit uncomfortable, because its a completely new feeling. I remember the first time I had to wear a bra, or a pad, I though "Oh my god! How am I gonna wear this regularly???" Same deal with tampons. But after a bit, I no longer noticed it. Cups are the same. The first time I used one, it didn't hurt at all. But I was a little bit aware of it. Not enough to really bother me though. And now I don't notice it at all.

Every time you use it, you will notice it less and less.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down