Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peeing problems with the cups?

2 posters

Go down

Peeing problems with the cups? Empty Peeing problems with the cups?

Post  crystalusagi Fri May 06, 2011 5:54 pm

I've been a cup user for about five years now. My first year I used the moon cup uk, but lost it and ordered the moon cup us by accident. Fortunately, the moon cup us seemed to be a better fit for me than the uk version was. Still, with both of them I experienced difficulty urinating when my cup was in place. I have a pretty low cervix, so I don't know if it's because it's pressing against my bladder, but urinating is a bit difficult -- it feels like the flow is cut off somehow XD I have to really try to pee. It doesn't hurt or anything, which is why I've just stuck with it so far. It's way better than having to deal with pads or tampons. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

I'm planning to order a smaller, shorter cup (like the ladycup or the yuuki) and maybe that'll help.

crystalusagi

Back to top Go down

Peeing problems with the cups? Empty Re: Peeing problems with the cups?

Post  Melissa569 Fri May 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Bigger and stiffer cups can put mroe pressure on the bladder for some people. I can urinate no matter what cup I use, but I have noticed that for me, its a bit slower if the cup is big or stiff. So I repfer medium-sized cups. Really soft cups are great, because I personally have no difficulties at all in that case. But I still stick with cups that are "somewhere in the middle" because I find the really soft ones take extra coaxing to pop open. But if that a trade you are willing to make, then it could be a good option Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crystalusagi Fri May 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Do you recommend any particular cup? I was thinking about bidding on ebay for a Yuuki cup or a LadyCup -- which of these is the softer? Also, do you think a small Yuuki or LadyCup is enough for a person with average flow? Right now on the keeper moon cup I'm only changing the cup once every work day (from 7am to 6 pm). From what I googled, the keeper mc has a 15 ml capacity.

crystalusagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat May 07, 2011 1:35 am

They should both work for average flow, although with small Ladycup, it may be twice a day with your flow. It also depends if you get large or small of either.

To me, Ladycup is softer, mostly at the bottom because the material is thinenr there. It can be a little more slippery, so you can just keep toilet paper in your hand and re-dry your fingers a couple of times during removal. The more dry they are, the better your grip is. But as for the rims, Yuuki and Ladycup are fairly close in width and stiffness.

the big deciding factors I think would be availability, price, and any color preferences Smile

Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down