Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large cup placement problems

2 posters

Go down

Large cup placement problems Empty Large cup placement problems

Post  mond Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:16 pm

I recently purchased two MeLuna cups, a medium and a large. And this is currently my first cycle using a menstrual cup. I've been able to get the medium in just fine, however I am having problems inserting the large. I'd love to be able to use the large since I have a very heavy flow, I just can't seem to get the large to 'balloon' up and when I insert it, it stays folded. Any tips on how to get it to open up and form a seal?

mond

Back to top Go down

Large cup placement problems Empty Re: Large cup placement problems

Post  msmith_1221 Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I had the same issue with the Large MeLuna. I would recommend trying it when your not having AF. That way you can take your time and not get messy. I had to stick my finger along the rim to make sure it was open up top. If not try burping the cup, or pushing on a side that is open to let a little more air in. That has helped me to get the other side open. Sometimes the MeLuna will not feel open, but check with your finger along the rim. And give it a tiny tug at the bottom, dont pinch to hard, but you should feel it resist and you will know its open right. Sometimes the bottom wont feel open when you first put it in, i thought so too. But when I checked later it had opened on the bottom by itself. If you have a soft cup, try the classic. I find the classic opens easier. Good Luck.

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down