Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you an Addict? How Many Cups do You Have?....

+4
Melissa569
hairballsplat
PinkDagger
uk-cup
8 posters

Go down

Are you an Addict?  How Many Cups do You Have?.... Empty Are you an Addict? How Many Cups do You Have?....

Post  uk-cup Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:28 am

The first time I used my new cup (MCUK) I had a few teething troubles, but I still thought it was WAY better than tampons. I got so excited I went online and bought a Large Diva, A Large and Small Lunette and a Large and Medium Meluna (Orange Ball and Purple Tab respectively). My main reason for trying a cup was to save money so not very clever of me No

As I'm 46 I probably won't even recoup the cost! Doh!

So are you addicted and what cups do you own? List please!
uk-cup
uk-cup

http://uk-cup.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Are you an Addict?  How Many Cups do You Have?.... Empty Re: Are you an Addict? How Many Cups do You Have?....

Post  PinkDagger Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:51 pm

lol, I want to collect them all (they're like a mature version of Pokemon. I'm sure I could Sharpie on some cute faces...) but I know it's not very realistic of me because I'm a student and I'm cheap.

All I have is a small Diva and a medium blue MeLuna with ball stem. I still have a small green MeLuna with ball stem that is a gift for my friend, but as I've not seen her yet, it's sitting on my bathroom counter taunting me. Neutral

PinkDagger

Back to top Go down

Are you an Addict?  How Many Cups do You Have?.... Empty Re: Are you an Addict? How Many Cups do You Have?....

Post  fee_pari Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:57 pm

Hee! Too many. I've got a purple Ladycup, a black Meluna, a pink Fleurcup, a Lunette Selene, a UK Mooncup, and a pink Ladycup for show-and-tell purposes. That makes... (had to count)... six!

fee_pari

Back to top Go down

Post  hairballsplat Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:15 pm

yes, i feel like an addict, but i've only got two...a large Diva and a large LadyCup. I know that i only NEED one, but i WANT many more. What would i do with them though? Hmmm, maybe I need 12...one for every month of the year. Ha! I do like to be able to use the Diva on my heavy days and switch to my LadyCup for the rest of the days. I feel like my vag gets tired of the Diva and would like a little less cup in there. Obviously I'm loony. bounce
hairballsplat
hairballsplat

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Oh wow, I think its safe to say I'm an addict... I have abotu 25 cups, and more on the way. I'm not wasitng money though, most of them were free to me. But I decided that if I am goign to have all these, why not share as many details as possible with everyone else?

I see I'm not the only one, from these other replies, lol. But still, if we are going to be addicted to a menstrual product, I think the reusable ones (or at least these healthier ones) are a better deal. For our pockets, the earth, and our bodies Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  droodles515 Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:30 pm

I have 4 cups: large Lunette, large Miacup, medium Meluna (black, no stem), Mooncup US (didn't know about the controversy when I ordered it!)

Just had to have them! I had 2 that were clear, so I wanted some that were colorful. I also wanted backups for large and small capacity, in case I lost one. (I have this fear of dropping one in an automatic flush toilet and away it would go.)

At first, I thought that being 48 I would never recoup the cost of the cups....my wacky hormone ride has proven me wrong! In the past 3 months alone, I would have spent way more on tampons.
droodles515
droodles515

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah I figure at 7 to 10 dollars per pack of large pads, a cup will pay for itself in 3 to 4 months (or less depending where you bought it, and what brand). So the way I see it, its never too late to get one Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesamyn Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I could easily become a cup addict. I keep wanting to try new ones, but I am mostly happy with my LadyCup (just don't like the lack of grip rings, since it's so slippery). I tried a Femmecup too. While it was very comfortable, the capacity is so low that I didn't want to use it much. I am spoiled to emptying every 12 hrs. I have kept it for light days or extra discharge days, though.

I was dithering on what cup to try next. The MeLuna was winning, but since the Lunette has been approved now, I think it just moved into first place. I may get a MeLuna first anyway if I get impatient. They have such pretty colors!
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:28 am

Oh I know, isn't the FDA approval thing great? I'm so excited about that for all the women who wanted one so badly Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  girlgonemild Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm excited about the FDA approval, too! Which probably makes me an addict, since I already have 3 cups. Razz

I purchased my second cup (a sm. LilacCup) after a particularly terrifying first-time experience with my Diva sz 1.....I have since made amends with ol' Diva, but it is nice to use different cups, especially as I get the hang of cups in general.

A month ago I go a medium ball-stem MeLuna and LOVE how low it rides, but I think sometimes the stiffness iritates my vag....but I may just need to allow my body to get used to it.
girlgonemild
girlgonemild

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 am

You might.. Also, I find it hels to keep the bladder empty as much as possible. For me at least, there is something about having liquid in there that makes everything mroe sore on my period.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesamyn Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:18 pm

I wound up ordering a Fleurcup on Friday after seeing mention of Leastore (which I'd heard about a lot from another site, though I've forgotten which one), since I'd had my eye on them for quite some time. Today I see the Lunette is finally available for shipping to the US. ARGH, the temptation!
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Oh really they can ship here now?? actually, I need to check my email, because there might be something there about that, lol. Haven't checked it in several days.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesamyn Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Yep, I noticed it on the LJ site. If you visit the Lunette site, they have it posted there as well! Very Happy
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

Are you an Addict?  How Many Cups do You Have?.... Empty addict

Post  hairball Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:02 pm

i AM addicted...i already have a large Diva and a large LadyCup and just now ordered a large Lunette. Now we need a support group for cup addicts... Razz

hairball

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 pm

Right? lol. Talk about cup adicts, there's me, and purple obsidian, then of course Laura from easycup, and a few others, have almost every brand. I don't know why these cups are so addictive. I think maybe all our lives, we wanted to love our periods, because you have to admit, there is something kind of magical about them (despite the cramps and all). And now that we have these cute litttle accessories that we can actually KEEP, I think we have found a way to love it Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  ankhst Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:26 am

Maybe it's a good thing I just lost my main source of income...I can't afford to buy 1 of everything. Lol.

I've restrained myself and kept it to 2 caups and a box of Insteads. ... For now.

I've made all my friends try them instead. That way i can shop vicariously through them.
ankhst
ankhst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down