Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady cup stem issues

2 posters

Go down

Lady cup stem issues Empty Lady cup stem issues

Post  stashia Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:30 am

Hello all! Hopefully some of you ladycup users can help me out on this.

I have had a large size turquoise lady cup for about 5 months now and slowly been developing a stem issue with my cup. After 5 months, I've trimmed almost the whole stem off because apparently my cervix thinks it is a yo-yo on some days. On days that I am especially heavy, I occasionally feel the jagged edges of my leftover stem because I cannot get that stupid thing smooth. I've tried everything I can think of including metal nail files (which I hear a lot of people have success with) and nothing works at all. The lady cup's material is just so squishy! Crying or Very sad

I really love my lady but I'm wondering if its simply too long for me and I should consider getting another cup. Has anyone at all had this issue of trying to trim that silly stem? I was just wondering if someone had any advice or tips on trimming/smoothing out a ladycup stem.

Thanks in advance!

stashia

http://achimico.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Lady cup stem issues Empty Re: Lady cup stem issues

Post  Admin Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:37 pm

I would say try smoothing out the edges first. I use a fingernail trimmer because you can really trim away the rough edges. Like instead of the edges being like this |_| try trimming at an angle so they will be like this \_/. You feel them a lot less that way. Some people also file the edges a bit.

Or if you think you would be able to grip it, you could flip it inside out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down