Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't decide which cup/size is best!! (TMI)

2 posters

Go down

Can't decide which cup/size is best!! (TMI) Empty Can't decide which cup/size is best!! (TMI)

Post  jb7764 Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:53 am

So I decided to try the cups since tampons leak and have nasty crud in them and pads are uncomfortable. But the problem I have is that I don't know what cup/size to get! I really have my eye on the Lunette size 1. It seems like it would be good for me because the softness is right in the middle of the scale, so it appears on some charts I've seen, and I think that would be the most comfortable for me because I think (I'm mostly assuming) that my pelvic area will be sensitive to a firmer/thicker rim. But I don't know if the rim will be wide enough or that it will get the right suction or be big enough in the size 1. I'm not really sure if my cervix is considered low and will conflict with the size 1 and cause leaking also. At it's lowest that I've noticed I can reach it with my middle finger inserted up to the second knuckle. So a little over an inch (maybe 1-1/2in) deep. Is this considered low and will I need a size 1, or a different brand that is even smaller? Me and my hubby are also TTC (trying to conceive) so I'm aware of the cervix changing it's position throughout the day. It normally sits up higher where it would take the full finger length to reach, but I braved it and checked and during AF it sits at the position I described above. But I'm also not sure of my flow. It seems really heavy to me on the first day or two, but as I've been hearing pads and tampons are known to exaggerate that amount. And really I think my biggest issue is that I get a lot of clots. That is why tampons aren't any good for me. The clots seem to slip right past the tampon even if it's no where near full. Will I have the same issue with a cup? On a heavy day I could fill a super tampon in maybe 2-4 hours. And that's completely full. But that only lasts for the first day, sometimes two, and after that it slows to a light to medium.

I hope you all are able to make sense of this. I forgot that I took some sleeping pills a couple of hours ago and just started to feel loopy, but I wanted to finish typing this in hopes that an answer will be waiting for me when I wake up.

jb7764

Back to top Go down

Can't decide which cup/size is best!! (TMI) Empty Re: Can't decide which cup/size is best!! (TMI)

Post  Admin Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:52 am

With your heavy flow, you might get better capacity with a large Lunette. But you do sound like you have a low cervix during your cycle (so do I). So you might need to trim the stem. I had to trim mine completely off, lol.

Also, if you do get pregnant, after you heal up from the baby, you will need a large. so it might be like skipping a step, so you don't have to get another one later Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Can't decide which cup/size is best!! (TMI) Empty Re: Can't decide which cup/size is best!! (TMI)

Post  jb7764 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:00 am

Thank you for your response! I didn't get a notification you replied, so sorry about the delayed response. I ended up getting the small Lunette. I kind of got scared and was worried a bigger cup would be way too uncomfortable. Plus I also worried that my flow wouldn't be as heavy as I thought it was since I've heard that pads/tampons can make it seem like it's heavier then it really is. So far, the small actually does work pretty well for me. I've only used it for one full AF so far (I'm awaiting her arrival as I speak) and I had one night where the capacity wasn't enough. My heavy day ended up being mostly at night and if I would have been able to empty it once during the night it would have been fine. I would really only need the large for the first couple of days, but I think when I'm more confident with my cup skills, I will order myself the large too and use it in the first three days and then use the small on the rest since it's pretty light those days.

I will tell you that I already goofed up my cup a little... it's still usable of course. But I was boiling it and for some reason I put it in the water before it was boiling and didn't start timing until it was. And then when the 5 minutes was up, I didn't take it out of the water right away. Ever since then I've had issues getting it to pop open, and before that I never had any problems. I knew better then to do that, so I don't know what the hell I was thinking lol. But it still works so lesson learned and will not be repeated.

I've also noticed a "full tampon" feeling when I've just put it in sometimes. Is this a position thing where I need to take it out and put it back in again? Or is it the stem?

jb7764

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down