Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble with MeLuna- can't get it open, very frustrating!

2 posters

Go down

Trouble with MeLuna- can't get it open, very frustrating! Empty Trouble with MeLuna- can't get it open, very frustrating!

Post  fairydust77 Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi! I read some info on this site before I purchased a MeLuna, and it was very helpful. I have had the MeLuna for about 5 months, and it is very frustrating. I thought after a few months I would get it sorted out, but I'm not! I read about the different ways to fold it to insert- which is great. But once it is inserted, I can't get it open. I like the C fold, but it is SO hard to get it open from that position. I read that I should run my finger around the rim after insertion, but it's hard to reach. The MeLuna does not want to open! It's also uncomfortable. After several attempts and re-insertion, it gets painful. Then I give up and go with a tampon. A few times I got it to work, and it was great. But I've learned that I have to be quite certain that it is fully open or else it will leak. Are there any other ways to get it open? Does it sound like this is the wrong cup for me? Help! I want this to work!

fairydust77

Back to top Go down

Trouble with MeLuna- can't get it open, very frustrating! Empty Re: Trouble with MeLuna- can't get it open, very frustrating!

Post  JacquelineRenae Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 am

If the MeLuna is still hard to reach, it may be that your cup is too short. Which size and stem do you have? If it's a ball or ring stem, perhaps you should go for the original stem. Or you could buy a new, longer cup instead. A Lunette or Mooncup UK would be a good alternative. Compared to the small and medium MeLuna cups, the Mooncup UK is just a smidge longer, and also has a long stem that can be trimmed to your liking. The small Lunette is a bit softer than the Mooncup UK, but also has a long stem, so maybe you'd like that option. Or, if you still want to try with the MeLuna, I suggest the origami fold. It works for me and opens almost every time (sometimes I accidentally let go too early and it pops open, oops!).
JacquelineRenae
JacquelineRenae

Back to top Go down