Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meluna -- open, or not?

2 posters

Go down

Meluna -- open, or not? Empty Meluna -- open, or not?

Post  WeyMama Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:43 am

So I finally got my first cup, a medium Meluna with a ball stem. <3 it! I can get it in and out without too much of a fuss, although I have to pull on the stem a little, which I've heard is not a good idea? More practice will help, I'm sure.

Anyway, my problem is this: the first time I inserted it, it never popped open from the punch down fold I used, so the next time I just did a C-fold kindof turned sideways. I never felt it pop, but when I ran my finger around, I didn't feel the fold, but the whole cup was FLAT, like it unfolded, but didn't actually open. Is that normal, or should it open up into it's full shape? Suspect

WeyMama

Back to top Go down

Meluna -- open, or not? Empty Re: Meluna -- open, or not?

Post  mellycup Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Smile I too have a medium ball stem meluna - very recently purchased. It's one of the soft ones - is yours a soft cup? My body also seems to flatten mine - I too am wondering if this is normal! I think for me this is causing loss of seal and leaking. I find a firmer cup is better for me. I'm disappointed my soft cup hasn't worked though, as I did buy it to replace my old moon cup (older stiffer version) which was way too stiff and causing me discomfort most of the time. I've just ordered a meluna classic, hopefully that will work! If it is a soft cup you have, sometimes running it under cold water before insertion can help it to firm a little so it can pop open better and find the right place to sit.
mellycup
mellycup

Back to top Go down

Post  WeyMama Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:37 am

Ah...I'll have to try the cold water trick, thank you! Mine actually seems to seal, it just doesn't open into the bell shape--should find out here in a few days how good a job it does, I suppose. Really hoping it works out, because I can't afford to buy another. *L* Thanks for the tip!

WeyMama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down