Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popping open?

2 posters

Go down

Popping open? Empty Popping open?

Post  Sekhmet Wed May 05, 2010 11:58 pm

Question: How do you know it it's popped open all they way? If I insert the cup all the way in, it doesn't really pop open. If I let it pop open before it's all the way inside, I can't push it any further inside. xD Help?
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Popping open? Empty Re: Popping open?

Post  Melissa569 Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 am

Two things you might be able to try-- punch down or C forl witht he fold facing upside-down-- OR the C fold witht he fold facing sideways. For some reasons, many women find it pops open mreo easily like that. Its because the top wall of the vagina kind of dips down, so it encoursges the folded part of the cup to stay folded. Inserting it turned other ways reduces this problem.

Another thing that helps is to make sure the fold crease goes right over one fo the holes. That way the hole will stay exposed to air longer. Also, keep a finger along side the cup, where the fold crease is, to help slowly ease it open. Again, it keeps the hole exposed to air longer. The holes need air comming in for the cup to open, and when all the holes are up against skin, they can't really draw in air. If there are any sides that don't feeltotally round, just insert a finger until you come to a hole, when you do, you will feel it draw in more air.

Sounds like a lot, but after you get the hang of it, the whole process should take only seconds. The small Lunette is is kind of soft, and softer cups take a little coaxing to pop open. But the up shot is, they're a little more comfy. And small Lunette has really good capacity for its size.

Give it a try, let me know what happens, k? Smile

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Thu May 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Alright, I successfully got the cup to pop open! It is sitting happily suctioned inside of me right now. I used the punch down fold and sort of coaxed the fold open until I felt it seal, then kegeled it up a little further. I do feel it pressing my bladder just slightly, but I think that will go away once i get used to it (I can already feel the sensation subsiding). The only thing I can feel is the stem, I'm still debating if I want to trim it/how much I should trim. But I have to say, this is great! I am very happy with my progress. lol

I may have bumped my cervix as I feel the slightest bit dizzy, but I've heard this is less of an issue during one's actual menstruation. Is that true?
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu May 06, 2010 8:30 pm

It might have been your cervix, or it could have been the "G spot", that can sometimes give you a bit of a "wooshy" feeling, lol. G-spot is on the top / front wall of the vagina, about an inch inside, characterized by tiny bumps on the skin. Pressing on that area provides sexual stimulation, some women can achieve orgasm from it (I've even heard some interesting cup stories regarding this... A woman was walking while wearing her cup and she nearly went to her knees when she suddenly had one, hahahaha).

With the stem, after you have been wearing the cup for a while, go int he bathroom and check to see how many grip lines you can feel sticking out (or near the area where you can feel the stem as you are wearing it), and try trimming just past that grip line. Make sure to bevel it a bit, like instead of this |_| try to get it like this \_/ with a nail trimmer.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Trust me, my G-spot and I are very good friends. xD Whatever it was, it subsided quickly and I'm totally fine now! Yay! Removal was pretty smooth too, it only re-suctioned once and that was pretty easy to deal with. I might keep the whole stem for my first period with the cup until I am better at removing it, since I did need to use the stem the time around. We'll just see how it goes.

Nya, I'm so excited about this. xD I'm very happy that I'm getting it to work! I expected this to be much harder. lol
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu May 06, 2010 10:20 pm

Once in a while you will run into someone who just has more problems with a cup than you can imagine-- the poor dears! lol. But most of the time, cups are a lot easier and cleaner than people think they will be.

I think the coolest part about them is you get to know how they work, and you keep them, so you get kind of attached. And recently, when we started getting all kinds of new brands, "collecting" has become something that a lot of users get into. Some people disagree with that, because they feel it defeats the money-saving and "green" aspect of a cup...

But I think its ok if a person wants mroe than one (assuming they can afford it of course), because as I always say, even if you owned one of every brand and color, you would still have spent less money, and created less waste, than you would using disposables the rest of your reproductive life. Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Thu May 06, 2010 11:33 pm

I am already looking forward to buying more cups once I see how the small Lunette works out. I sometimes have REALLY non-existent flow because of my birth control (and other times, it's quite heavy, so I guess it varies) so I was thinking of getting a small meluna or something else tiny for those periods. lol *sigh* cups are so addictive. lol And I'm a collector by nature! This is an unfortunate combination, hehe.
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah, I love to collect stuff too. In elementary school I collected rubber bracelets when they were a fad and I am currently collecting video games and casually collect comic books too. Once I'm in college, I'll get a lady or a yuuki. I want one of those because they are Czech brands. I'm a third generation Slovak-American so yeah...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down