Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leakage and Fit?

Go down

Leakage and Fit? Empty Leakage and Fit?

Post  StarSapphire Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi Ladies!

I came across this forum in my search for info about modifying the fit of my cup, or the cup itself.  I used a Diva 2 for about 8 years.  Had a baby, got another Diva 2.  All along, I've had leakage with the Diva 2 to the point that I've had to use a maxi during the entire period.  After the baby, and my growing dissatisfaction with leakage, I thought I'd try another cup.  Looking at a comparison site, I decided to try the Meluna L Original.  It leaks even worse than the Diva2!  The Meluna is stiffer and the rim is just a hair smaller.

I am experienced with proper insertion and every blue moon, I'd get a good fit and wouldn't have any leakage at all with the Diva2.  But, that is typically a rare occurrence and not even every cycle.

I am almost 42, both kids are by CS, and am married, so somewhat sexually active.  lol   Razz 

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Has anyone else experienced this?  I know how to fold, insert, and remove without issues.  Occasionally, I would feel the Diva "slap" open but never felt the Meluna open though when I pulled it out it was always open and had blood inside.

Suggestions?  I've often thought that there may be some variance in my internal shape but never had an OB/midwife comment about it. Oh yeah, and I have crazy short fingers so I have a hard time sticking them up far enough to reach the rim once the cup is inside.

Last edited by StarSapphire on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addt'l info.)

StarSapphire

Back to top Go down

Leakage and Fit? Empty Re: Leakage and Fit?

Post  StarSapphire Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Bump. Anyone monitor this board anymore?

StarSapphire

Back to top Go down