Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leakage, pain and low cervix

2 posters

Go down

Leakage, pain and low cervix Empty Leakage, pain and low cervix

Post  Plain Jane Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:31 am

Hello everyone,

I really hope someone can help me, as I love the idea of using menstrual cups, but, unfortunately, I am encountering a lot of issues with my cups. I'm 28-9 years old and have not had any children.

The first cup I bought was a small DivaCup, the only cup available my area of Western Europe at that time. I didn't use it for a while, but then started to try again a few months back. Using the DivaCup became extremely painful, so much so, that I had to remove it and even suffered from intense cramps for a few days afterwards. I'm not prone to cramps during my period at all, and they aren't painful, but I'm wearing an IUD and seem to have a very low cervix. My suspicion is that the Diva is too long and too stiff, perhaps, and pushes against the cervix, which I think will have caused the cramps.

I now live in the UK and having read that Mooncups (the brand available under this name in the UK) are softer and shorter, I bought one of these. However, this cup is constantly leaking very heavily - sometimes so much that you could think there was nothing in my vagina at all. No matter what I do, the cup just won't work and leaks. I've tried reading everything I could find to find the source of my problem, but nothing seems to help. Additionally, both cups seem to have tendency to move upwards towards the cervix, this also happens if I try to place them very low. I do the full turn to ensure it's fully opened and experimented with various methods to insert them properly.

Are the cups too small for me and do I just need a bigger size? Or is there anything else I can try to make the cups work?

Plain Jane

Back to top Go down

Leakage, pain and low cervix Empty Re: Leakage, pain and low cervix

Post  maple31 Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:03 pm

It sounds like the cups are not the right size, or you're not inserting them right. Try getting a bigger one and try again. Smile GOOD LUCK

maple31

Back to top Go down