Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cervix/cup issues

4 posters

Go down

cervix/cup issues Empty cervix/cup issues

Post  mommyto4 Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:53 pm

I am new to this cup thing AF started yesterday so that was the first time trying out my cup, everything was fine, only used it a few hours yesterday. Today i used it all day doing fine getting in and out BUT when i went to take it out a little bit ago i couldn't find it!! I started freaking out so after digging around i found it and took it out Embarassed I have not put it back in because i'm afraid it will happen again. if this helps any my dr. told me my cervix is tilted backwards, it was way way back could that be the problem? i knew i shouldn't have cut the stem off Mad

any help or advice would be great! if it helps i have a meluna

thanks
Heather

mommyto4

Back to top Go down

cervix/cup issues Empty Re: cervix/cup issues

Post  hairballsplat Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:14 pm

for some people, cups migrate up after insertion. you could try bearing down as if giving birth and that might help get the cup within reach. you could also try squatting while trying to remove.
hairballsplat
hairballsplat

Back to top Go down

Post  mommyto4 Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:40 pm

so it's ok if it goes pretty far back? i did do what was suggested. it just freaked me out a bit lol

mommyto4

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:02 am

Basically, yes. Its just an individual sort of thing. After so many people have been using cups now, its been discovered that we can't really "place" our cups anywhere in particular. They are just going to slide up as far as our cervix will let them. So if you have a high cervix, a cup is going to sit up really high. If you have a low cervix, a cup is going to stay really low, often just barely inside... With a high cervix, bearing down helps, because it pushes your cervix lower, thus pushing the cup lower so you can reach it.

Of course, there are cups that are longer in the body, and therefore easier to reach. DivaCup is the longest in the body, so people with a high cervix tend to like that one.

But me... Hehe, my cervix is so low, that even with a very short cup, I still have to completely trim the stem off, for it to be comfortable. But doing so works just fine, so its all good Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  msmith_1221 Thu May 05, 2011 1:44 am

I wouln't say bear down like a labor push, I would say like a BM push. It might sound weird, but I have the same issue with my Moon cup sometimes, and I think it's something your going to get used to, but, to make it easier. I suggest a bear down, and half release and another bear down. That way it pushes the cup down a little and your muscles will hold it where it was moved to and when you bear down again it should be in your fingers. If that is not easy for you I would look for the longer body cups and ones that have a grip rings on the bottom or a long stem. I liked the Yuuki cup, the Large , you might like that cup. Look it up on eBay they do sometimes post their cups on there and you can get one for $17, no joke that's how I got my small Yuuki.
Hope that all helps.

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down