Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have leaks!

2 posters

Go down

I have leaks! Empty I have leaks!

Post  Lunera Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:19 pm

I am 28, i first tried the size 1 lunette but it doesnt adjust well and i had leaks.. so i decide to try the size 2 but i still have big leaks… so i have to use the cup plus cloth pads, its awfull.
I am thinking that maybe the form of my vagina its not circular, i had felt it and feels like an U, so maybe thats the reason. a very close friend borrow me a lady cup size 2 i boiled it first ans had a try, it was softer than lunette size 2 and i had less leaks with it. Maybe a softer cup, that can adjust better to the form of my vagina is better for me. Or maybe i will need a bigger cup? What do you think? I am reading that there is lots of new cups in these months. What would be the best for me? Do you know other women having the same problem, is there women that the cup doesnt fit? look like everyone is happy with them!

Help!!!!

and thank you!

Lunera

Back to top Go down

I have leaks! Empty Re: I have leaks!

Post  Melissa569 Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:32 am

It doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with the shape of your vagina. At the very opening, we are kind of round (well, mroe oval, up and down wise). But abotu half an inch inside, our muscles up there kind of do form a U shape, meaning the upper wall dips down like a half circle. That's how the "Instead" brand of menstrual cups manages to seal to our upper vaginal wall. It dips down a bit, and the Instead kind of "hugs" it.

Now, as for a tilted uterus, ot a tilted cervix, that could still be a possibilty. But only a doctor could tell you that. Its not really a problem, but knowing if its tilted, and which way its tilted, can help you figure out better cup angles. So its good to check.

I will say this though-- every woman's body agrees with a different brand. I've met women who cannot get a Divacup to work for them no matter what. But a Lunette will. Or women who can't get a Lunette to work, but a Ladycup will.

Perhaps its the shape of the cup. I've noticed that with Lunette, there is not a lot of difference in thickness or firmness between the rim, and the rest of the cup. Ladycup either (at least not on the outside of the cup). Perhaps your body likes a cup with a more pronounced rim? Some women find those can form a better seal. Cups such as mooncup UK, Keeper or Keeper moon cup, Fleurcup, Femmecup, Meluna, etc.

I don't think its a capacity issue, or that your cervix is taking up all the room in your cup (which happens with some women), because you said both the large and small lunettes leaked, and large lunette holds more than large ladycup. But as for position-- do you know where your cervix is? Sometimes locating it can help, just to make sure its not outside your cup (the blood comes out of the small hole in the middle of yoru cervix).

This video might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NDol9HZftQ

Also this blog: http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com/the-cervix-and-cups/

I'm not sure if its a softer cup you need. Sounds to me like it's more about placement, angle, etc. It also depends on other things-- how long you leave it in, how heavy your flow is, etc. Also, again, weather you have a tilted uterus or cervix.

Angle is important too, make sure you are inserting back, toward the rectum or tail bone. Never insert up (toward yoru head). Down and back is the more natural angle of the vagina. Check to see if it popped open all the way as well (although you did say you used the large lunette, which pops open pretty easily, so I don't really think its that...).

If you have any more details about your body or how you've been inserting, that can help. Or try a few new placement angles. I'd like to help you out, let me know if you discover anything else.

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

I have leaks! Empty Thank you Melissa!

Post  Lunera Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Since i read your reply, I had being investigating more about the cervix position, and i had find it, i am able to feel it!!! i saw a really good blog called beautifull cervix that help me to understand how is it and that help me to feel it... ... really good real images of different women cervix.
My cervix is not on the normal position, i am feeling it on the back of my vagina but facing up, and more or less 2 inches and a half deep.. i am going to check the days closer to the period to see how much it moves down.

I already have a friend of mine that sells moon cups in my city so, we are going to trade 1 lunette for 1 moon cup UK.. my period is coming in a few days, so i am going to try with the moon cup and also try new angles to place it.

i have a doubt.. i am 28, and as i told you i tried with a lunette size 1 first and ot feels like too small.. should i use the smaller or the bigger moon cup UK this time? is the difference really important or is a matter of capacity? if i begin with the smaller, i should change it when i become 30?
i am having friends asking me about the size of lunette they should were and sometimes i dont know what to answer.

Thank you Melissa for all your words and dedication,they help me so much.. its a beautifull job you are doing!

In a few days i will write to you! wish me luck! jeje

Lunera

Lunera

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Sorry for the late reply, it has been so crazy around here with family and the holidays, lol.

Honestly, I would say as long as your favorite cup continues to work well for you, there is no need to change sizes. The sizing charts are more like a suggestion really. But there are plenty of virins who use a large, and mothers over 30 who use a small. I would say only replace it if you notice that your body is changing, and your cup isn't working the same way.

M
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol_i_nord Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:50 am

Hi! I find that the large lunette doesn't seal well by itself, I have to twist it for it to seal. Smaller cups seal when they pop open, but the large lunette doesn't, at least this is my experience. What I do is that I let it open very low, then push it in. Then I try to pull it out again. If there's a lot of resistance I know it's sealed. If not I twist it a bit, and then check again. This works every time for me, maybe it would work for you to? Good luck!

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down