Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaks, again

2 posters

Go down

Leaks, again Empty Leaks, again

Post  ceraines Tue May 04, 2010 10:23 pm

I would first like to say that I am so excited to find this blog, because I hope that you can help me.

I have been using a divacup for almost a year. It catches most of the blood, but has always leaked for me, so I have to wear pantyliners. I know I am inserting it horizontally, and I turn it one full rotation, and I know that it creates a seal. So: why does it still leak? In reading others' posts about leaking, I noticed references to the cervix dropping. What does this mean? And if this is the case with me, how do I adjust so that the cup doesn't leak? Thank you so much for your help.

ceraines

Back to top Go down

Leaks, again Empty Re: Leaks, again

Post  Sekhmet Tue May 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Which size Diva are you using? Is it possible that the cup is too small (not catching all the blood) or too big (not unfolding entirely)? It is possible that the cup is too long if your cervix is going too low... does the cup stick out at all?

Edit: Also, along with what size, have you given birth before/are you sexually active/how old are you? All of these factor into what size cup is appropriate.
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  ceraines Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 am

I am using the small size, and have not given birth, am 22 and not sexually active. I think it might be the length issue. Can you recommend a cup that is shorter than the divacup?

ceraines

Back to top Go down

Post  Sekhmet Wed May 05, 2010 11:31 am

Diva is one of the longest cups out there on the market, so I am fairly certain that almost anything would be shorter than the Diva. There is an excellent sizing guide located here:

http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/1285963.html

Not only does if have tips for picking brands and sizes, it has charts for cup length, width, volume, etc to help you find what will fit you best. Have you tried checking for your cervix (during menstruation, since it can move) with a finger to see how far back it is? That will help you determine what length your cup should have. Getting a cup that is not wide enough will result in leaks and a cup that is too short will be tough to remove, so make sure you are at least familiar with how long you are inside.

I can't recommend cups since I'm not a professional, but I'm sure that chart will help you. I am fairly sure that anything out there will be shorter than the Diva by at least a bit, but it is important to check yourself first before buying so that you know the cup is roughly the right length. Smile And remember, you can always trim stems if the stem is too long.
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down