Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Arrived! - but not going so well

3 posters

Go down

It Arrived! - but not going so well Empty It Arrived! - but not going so well

Post  Jesamyn Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:14 pm

My new black Fleurcup, size L, arrived in the mail today from Leasstore. I was so excited that I decided to give it a dry run, although I'm scheduled to start next week.

I'm desperately hoping that it's just from it being a dry run, but I'm not having as much luck as I'd hoped so far. The first time I tried it with a 7-fold, which is what I use for both my LadyCup and FemmeCup. It reluctantly popped open, and all was well for about half an hour. Then I realized that I was getting incredibly sore. I didn't make sure the tab was lined up | instead of -, so I think that was the problem. It's also possible that it was the grip ridges and I didn't push it up high enough. (My LadyCup normally rides quite high.) I took it out, left it for a few hours, and then decided to try again.

Next round, I tried both a punchdown and 7-fold. This time it just refused to pop at all. I think it's because I am still a bit sore from earlier, so I will wait another couple of days to try again. Or I'll wait until next week when we have the real deal!
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

It Arrived! - but not going so well Empty Re: It Arrived! - but not going so well

Post  michelleke Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Have you got any water based lube?

michelleke

Back to top Go down

It Arrived! - but not going so well Empty Re: It Arrived! - but not going so well

Post  Jesamyn Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 am

Yep, tried it! I think I just need to give it a couple of days. I think after getting sore from the tabs, my body just doesn't want anything to do with it at the moment.
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:03 pm

It could be the stiffness making you sore, or it could be the grip textures. They are much more pronounced than other brands. You can trim them slightly with a nail clipper, I suppose. Just be careful.

I'm also surprised that it was slow to pop open. Usually the firmer cups pop open faster. Maybe its because its a large. My small opens like a charm.

Let us know how it goes when yoru period arrives. Hopefully it will be different then Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesamyn Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:16 am

I did try another dry run this evening. No problems with popping this time with the 7-fold that I just always use. I accidentally used a bit too much lube though, so I almost had a flying cup experience. Wink

The irritation is definitely from the stem, which is thankfully an easily remedied issue. I still wonder if it might be better if I could make it go | instead of - or /. However, I am not coordinated enough to get it in that way in the first place, and I have never been able to spin any of my cups.

At this point, I am just calling it quits with dry runs. I'm not frustrated, but I am at the point where I think my body is just too different when I'm not on my cycle to make it worth the effort. I will just pat my cute little black cup and wait patiently.
Jesamyn
Jesamyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down