Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far should I insert my cup?

4 posters

Go down

How far should I insert my cup? Empty How far should I insert my cup?

Post  witchariel Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:41 am

Hello!
Maybe this sound like a stupid question, but I recently got a lady cup and though I haven't tried it on my period yet (I'm not having it until next week) I've done several dry runs and I've realized each time I inserted it was totally different, sometimes it went quite high, being a little more difficult to get it out, but I couldn't feel the stem at all so I felt rather comfortable; but other times it was lower and I could feel the stem a lot... I don't care if I have to cut it, but what if I can't get easily to the cup later?
Probably I should wait till my period, but I'd like to know how to insert it properly before it starts.
I also felt rather painful cramps some of the times I had my cup inside me, does it mean I didnt insert it correctly?
witchariel
witchariel

Back to top Go down

How far should I insert my cup? Empty Re: How far should I insert my cup?

Post  Melissa569 Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:39 am

Certain angles can cause you to feel a cup more, sometimes you have to play around with it and see which is more comfortable. Other times, it can be just your body needing to get used to it.

I would suggest waiting until you get your period, before you decide weather or not you want to trim the stem, and how much. Our cervix can sometimes move down lower on our period (not always, but for some women). So just in case, its good to see how a cup sits in you during that time. Especially on the heavy days.

Usually, a cup will sit where it wants to sit, no matter how we place it. Some women's cervix goes up and down on a daily bais, which can contribute to how far up a cup will sit. But again, your period is the best time to check this.

For now, its ok to practice getting the cup in, popped open, and comfortable. That way, all you will need to do is see how it works in regards to forming a seal Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  witchariel Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:48 am

Ow! That was fast!! Thanks a lot! Very Happy
I supose I'll have to work on my patience Wink
Maybe when I try it I'll start a cup diary to let you know how it went
witchariel
witchariel

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 am

Please do, cup diaries really help others, especially first-time users Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Really good to kno. Plus I have a Ladycup too.
That's what I though as well, that a cup will sit where it wants to, depends on your body. Well am not afraid to try it on and on.. see the more comfortable position for me. I just didn't put it as far as a tampon as precised. I said to myself "ok so at this point if it were a tampon I should normally push again so i'll stop there and it might be ok then" ! Smile

Sweet kisses from Jay xx

Last edited by Jay on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  hairballsplat Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:08 pm

perhaps on your dry runs, some of the time you were pushing your cup up next to your cervix, rather than under it.
hairballsplat
hairballsplat

Back to top Go down

Post  hairballsplat Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:10 pm

perhaps on your dry runs, some of the time you were pushing your cup up next to your cervix, rather than under it.
hairballsplat
hairballsplat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down