Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Super Jennie review

Go down

My Super Jennie review Empty My Super Jennie review

Post  Lisa Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:00 am

I got my Super Jennie in the mail today and here is my review.

The first thing I noticed is that the Super Jennie was a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. The SJ is a very soft cup. For me it is just on the verge of being too soft, but not quite. I am one of these people who has to let the cup open and then push it up. Even though the cup is really soft, this method still works with this cup. Once the cup is in, it is like you are not wearing a cup at all. I know you can't feel most cups but with this cup, it is as if it is totally non-existent. Even when you squeeze with your muscles, you cannot feel it whatsoever. It's great that you can't feel it there but I am curious to see if when I have my period that I am over-anxious because it feels like nothing is there. Sometimes just feeling I am wearing one gives me security knowing I am not bleeding all over the place.  

I did a capacity test with the SJ. It turns out that the SJ holds the exact same amount as the large Yuuki. This means it holds more than the Meluna XL but less than the Luv Ur Body.

The stem on this cup is really thin. I like it in the fact that it looks like it is part of the cup, not a stem that has been added to the cup. When I removed the cup, it was quite easy to get out. I can't really talk about a "seal" with the cup because I never really experience much of a seal with most cups aside from the Meluna XL Sport. I was worried that the stem would come off like the one on my large Yuuki did but I think it is going to be fine since getting the cup out was easy.

I am not good with getting a cup to pop open while inside but I tried folding it in a C-fold for my review. The cup is pretty springy and wanted to open up on my hand while holding it. If my hands were slippery or wet, I don't think I could have held onto it.

I can't write about whether or not I experienced any leaks since I am not having my period right now. We'll see how it works when that time comes!
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

My Super Jennie review Empty Followup

Post  Lisa Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Here is my followup review for the Super Jennie as I said I would give "when the time comes!"

Anyway, I have used the SJ on my heaviest days and have had no leaks other than residual leaking. I seem to tense up when I have to change my cup in public. I don't know why, anxiety I guess. I don't think this cup would be very easily for me to insert if I am all tensed up due to the fact that it is so soft. Luckily I got to stay home on the heaviest days and therefore I didn't have to change my cup in public. I did have a little incident at home though. Being that the cup is so smooth and the stem is rather small, meaning there is not much to hold onto, when I removed my cup I dropped it right into the toilet!
I would still buy this cup but I don't think it will work as well for me as stiffer cups due to my anxiety and the way I have to insert them. Don't get me wrong, I love this cup and would buy it again.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down