Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new cup user

4 posters

Go down

Another new cup user Empty Another new cup user

Post  Kammioderin Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi there, I'm Kammi, I believe I may be turning into a cup addict, but I feel that I'm in good company here.

I'm a 31 year old mom from Washington state. Last cycle was my first with my Diva Cup and after my first time inserting it, I decided that I will never go back to "traditional" monthly supplies. My learning curve I believe is going to be mainly on just figuring out when to empty and rinse rather than insertion, seals and removal. I had used the Instead softcups for several months while waiting for my cash flow to stabilize enough to buy a real cup.

I'm thrilled to have found an easy for me to use message board to discuss the freedom of cups with other women (LJ is intimidating for me, I am more familiar with message board style things). I have already ordered an Orange Cup and am awaiting it's arrival in my mailbox, and I've told the other ladies at my work who get monthly visits about the cups and so far have had interested reactions to my enthusiastic going ons.
Kammioderin
Kammioderin

Back to top Go down

Another new cup user Empty Re: Another new cup user

Post  Melissa569 Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:52 am

Hi Kammi, welcome to the board! Smile

That's kind of how it was for me too, more about figuring out when it would be full, than anything else. My body is pretty forgiving when it comes to getting a good seal and removing with ease, I would say I've been pretty lucky so far on that.

I remember, the very first time I used a cup on my period, I wore a pad "just in case" and I kept checking obsessively every hour or so for any spotting or leaks, because I was soooooo afraid of that hapening. But every time I checked... There was nothing! I rarely even got "residual" blood, lol. I was pleasantly shocked, and needless to say, hooked ever since Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kammioderin Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Yeah, I used a pantyliner the whole last cycle, figuring if I had to I had some O.B.'s in my purse and I knew how those worked for me. I only had one issue of leakage on my heavy night where I pushed the full 12 hours that night. I find that I get really irritated down there even using a pantyliner so I just purchased some cloth ones on Ebay. I hope they work better for me and then I can go and buy pretty panties and not worry about what time of month it is from now on.
Kammioderin
Kammioderin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:04 pm

I love the cloth ones, they just feel like underwear, not like a pad at all. They absorb more too, and give you airflow. The disposable pads make me feel unclean, like there's just no air in that area. Bleh... lol
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Another new cup user Empty Hi iam new here too

Post  littlemissy Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:49 am

Hi I have just joined here too, I use cloth pads too along with my cup as I am unfortunate to have inherited the family problems of excessively heavy periods Rolling Eyes I think you will be pleasantly suprised how much difference the washable pads make rather than disposable. I have tried many different brands of these pads and have found that for me the best pads are wemoon pads large slim, they are so comfortable and slim! (And pretty) you many have to try a few to get the best for you but i would NEVER go back to disposable now. Good luck with your new cloth pads. Smile

littlemissy

Back to top Go down

Post  LisBeth Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:32 am

Hi! Welcome from me, too!
Have you already received your orange Cup? I'm curious:)
LisBeth
LisBeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kammioderin Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 am

Got my Orangecup a while ago, it just kept sitting there in my bathroom looking at me after I took it to work for show and tell (convinced two women there to buy cups YAY!). So I finally felt bad for it and since my period could come visit any day now I've been wearing it since yesterday morning. I've got a cup journal going on the members only section also.
Kammioderin
Kammioderin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down