Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Instead User

2 posters

Go down

New Instead User Empty New Instead User

Post  aqua3473 Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:52 pm

I love the whole cup concept. I am using Instead currently. I am a NEW user. I was sitting on the couch and thank god I was home and not at work when I stood up I had gushing out of me a huge puddle and I could not really feel it, the hubs noticed it before I did. I thought it was in right I could not feel the cup. I guess it shifted. I do not want to give up on the cup. I REALLY want this to work for me. I work in an industrial environment pushing, pulling and lifting for 12 hours and can not always get the bathroom as needed with tampons. I have an extreme heavy flow on day 1 and 2. So a cup is only the logical thing to try. What does the cervix feel like anyway? I am just do confused. Please help if you can. What happens if I happen to sit down at work and the thing empties while I am sitting? Oh I would just die. I mean sometimes when you go to the bathroom it will just empty so I do not guess it willbe able to tell the difference between me sitting at work and sitting on the toilet. I hope this makes sense. I am just paranoid about leaks. Please help!

aqua3473

Back to top Go down

New Instead User Empty Re: New Instead User

Post  QueenBee Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Cervix kinda feels like a small, round donut about as big around as a nickle. Kinda firm and smooth. Really, it feels like the tip of a very small penis, is a closer description. Kind of sicks out a bit at the end of the vagina. It can move up and down too, at different parts of your cycle. Sometimes its really easy to reach, sometimes its too far back. Its usually the lowest during your period, especially the heavy days, that's when I feel mine the most. Your vagina slants back like its gonna touch yoru rectum. And yoru cervix is kind of on the top wall. So the ring of your Instead should be suctioning tot he top wall. The back end fo the ring should be around behind cervix, this would make your cervix rest kind of inside the cup. It works just like a diaphragm. But instead of sealing sperm out, it seals blood in Smile

Here are some REALLY good example photos of how it should work on a WordPress blog:

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com/instead-cup/

Have you considered the reusable cups? Totally different concept, but sometimes they are a little more dependable when it comes to sturdiness and a good seal. The larges of some brands can hold just as much liquid, if not more than an Instead.
QueenBee
QueenBee

Back to top Go down

Post  aqua3473 Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I was considering the diva cup but I am still unsure which is best for me. Is there some way to figure that out without buying all of them first? I will eventually buy a reusable because that is what I would really like. I am just starting with the instead because it is readily availible. I had no idea that there was reusable cups until last week. I have really been missing out.

aqua3473

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down