Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about cups

2 posters

Go down

Question about cups Empty Question about cups

Post  horseygurl Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

I have been looking into purchasing a cup, and have a question. I work with horses for a living and was wondering about the effectiveness of a cup with this line of work. From my "research" into cups the companies say that participating in physical activities are fine as well as sports. Has anyone heard of the cup not working effectively for someone that rides horses very frequently? I'm not trying to sound weird or ask a strange question, I am trying to find out if a cup will work in my line of work. I just want to find out any opinions before investing in a cup. Many thanks.
horseygurl
horseygurl

Back to top Go down

Question about cups Empty Re: Question about cups

Post  Melissa569 Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:36 am

I think its great to get other opinions Smile

I've seen several girls in LiveJournal who talked about successuflly using a cup while horse riding. With all the bouncing around and being out doors though, you'll want to make sure you get a good size/brand for your needs. One that is very comfortable while straddling something, and and can handle your flow. Even talk to your doctor so he/she can give you a good map out of how you are laid out up inside (unless you know yourself already), especially in regards to your cervix and all (is it high/low? etc.). That will really help you to pick the best one. And of course, asking us seasoned cup users about the brands you are interested in Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Question about cups Empty RE: Question about cups

Post  horseygurl Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:24 am

Yes I do ride a lot. And have been debating between the Lunette size 2, and the Ladycup size 2. My son was delivered vaginally 5 years ago so that is why I am thinking about the larger sized cups. Although I do not have a heavy flow. It has always been more medium to light, with the most flow on the first 2 days. My cervix is average to high. The only time I tried a tampon was to take my son to the pool for his preschool class intro to swimming. I was very worried about wearing a tampon because of the risk for tss. I have always worn pads, but they are uncomfortable when you are riding multiple horses/ times per day in the 90 heat. It feels gross to wear a pad and then to sweat on top of everything else Smile

The reasons for either the lunette or the ladycup are the smaller ridges. They look to me like they would be more comfortable. I have also read really positive reviews on the lunette cup. As well as positive things about the ladycup. Although I have to say I am leaning towards the lunette size 2. Who knows maybe I will even start with a single cup and add a couple of more. They are soooo eco friendly which is a big reason I am very interested in them.

Thanks for any advice it is greatly appreciated. Very Happy
horseygurl
horseygurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:19 pm

If your flow is not really heavy, then you could probably use either one just fine. I think the deciding factor will be do you want something squishy (Ladycup) or firm (large lunette). Or if you want grips or not.

They both have advantages and drawbacks. Firmer and grips pops open more easily, and is easier to grab for removal, but you may feel it more. Squishy and mooth is much more comfortable, but it can be harder to pop open or grip to remove.
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Question about cups Empty RE: Questions about cups

Post  horseygurl Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:56 am

Would you say that one cup is easier to use than the other (at least for a first time user)? I am really looking for comfort and also a cup that is easy to use. I greatly appreciate all of the wonderful advice:) Thanks
horseygurl
horseygurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:20 am

Even though ladycup is softer and you might feel it less, I think a (small) lunette might be easier to use, just in terms of popping open and grip for removal. The large Lunette is easy too (especially popping open), but for a beginner, the size might be a little intimidating. But if you really need the capacity, then its worth a shot... Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Question about cups Empty RE: Questions about cups

Post  horseygurl Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Can I use a size small Lunette cup, even after vaginal childbirth? Again I have a fairly light to average flow, and I thought I needed the extra size because of having a child. Do you think that the smaller Lunette would work? I really appreciate your advice. Thanks
horseygurl
horseygurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:23 pm

It might. I know some mom's who us a small. I would go by weather or not you feel you've had a significant amount of change in that area since having a child. Genetics can work wonders for some people, and we are all very unique. Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down