Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup

5 posters

Go down

Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup Empty Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup

Post  witchariel Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Hello! I recieved my lady cup a few days ago, I ordered a special pack wich included sterelizing tablets (milton) and I was wondering if anybody have try them, I'm afraid that in a short period of time my cup will lose its color (it's a Lotos and I really like it Smile )
About cleaning during period, I thought I could use my feminine wash to clean the cup, but it's not perfume-free, and I'm worried about damaging my cup. Do you know any nice non-expensive wash I could use? (I live in Spain, but I can also purchase it online)
Thanks a lot for your help!!!
witchariel
witchariel

Back to top Go down

Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup Empty Re: Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup

Post  Kammioderin Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 pm

I personally use Dove unscented body wash to clean my cup. It's fairly cheap and easily available.

If you are able to use your feminine wash without irritation, you should be able to use it on your cup even with the fragrance. The perfume and dye free idea is more to save you irritation than to save your cup.

As for the milton tablets, I can't help you there, I'm one who very rarely even boils my cups. I just give them a good wash after and right before my cycle.
Kammioderin
Kammioderin

Back to top Go down

Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup Empty Re: Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup

Post  witchariel Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:05 am

Thanks a lot! I will try to find Dove unscented around here.
About the milton tablets I supose they will be ok as I bought them along with the cup in the oficial web page (at least I hope so Wink )
witchariel
witchariel

Back to top Go down

Post  witchariel Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:30 pm

I cleaned my cup with my personal feminine wash during my period and at the end of it, and I've realized that almost 3 weeks later it still has a rather strong perfum smell Shocked
I've been thinking to get a wash made by one of the brands, I was thinking about the lunette wash, has anybody tried it? is it really perfum free? I thought about getting the ladygel, but I've seen it does have perfum...
witchariel
witchariel

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 pm

A lot of people are actually starting to use baby shampoo (like Johnson's).

Questions about cleaning and steralizing my cup Johnsons-baby-shampoo

Johnsosn's is so gentle, its made not to burn a baby's eyes, so you know its not harsh on a cup. If you have a discount store near you (like a "doller tree", or the "99-cent store") they have generic brands of baby shampoo there for under a dollar. They look and smell just like Johnson's. Huge bottle. The thing is, baby shampoo is very mild, and the perfumes are down to a minimum, because babies are extremely sensitive to that. And if you only use it for your cup, it will last you probably a couple of years! That's a pretty good deal, if you ask me. Smile

Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  witchariel Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:30 am

Baby shampoo? Shocked I never thought about that! In fact I use baby shampoo to wash my hair, but maybe I will get another brand with a softer smell...
Thanks Smile
witchariel
witchariel

Back to top Go down

Post  Serpent Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:44 am

thanks for the tip, got one Very Happy i really love the smell of the lunette wash itself but not the smell of the silicone after it's washed with it Rolling Eyes had a dry run overnight because if i do get irritation it's better to find out now than on my period...well, i didn't have any! my cups smell like brand new, if this makes sense Very Happy
that's crazy but i think from now on i'll use my lunette wash as body wash Embarassed
Serpent
Serpent

http://serpent-849.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairballsplat Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:18 pm

i rinse with water during my period, then boil before the next period. let it sit in the sun when stained. no infections yet in over a year of use.
hairballsplat
hairballsplat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down