Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning Coloured Cups

4 posters

Go down

Cleaning Coloured Cups Empty Cleaning Coloured Cups

Post  SomeoneMissing Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi,

I've just ordered my first ever cup, a purple Lunette Cynthia. Boiling will be awkward for me because I live in a shared house and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with using alcohol wipes or Milton tablets on coloured cups? I'm worried they might cause discolouration. Does anyone have any other tips for cleaning?

Thanks.

SomeoneMissing

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Coloured Cups Empty Re: Cleaning Coloured Cups

Post  Admin Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:26 am

You can use rubbing alcohol, but use plain. Don't use wipes that were not designed for use with cups. Often wipes from other companies will add things to it (skin treatments to keep your hands fry getting dry, fragrance, lemon, etc.

just use regular rubbing alcohol. Soak a cotton ball or cotton pad with it. Rub it on the outside of the cup and let it dry. Do not soak your cup in a pool of cleaning solution. That' snot good for it. just swab the cotton ball over it. Its the drying process that sterilizes it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  msmith_1221 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:18 am

Summers eve now makes a travel wipe that is very similar to the Lunette wipe. I bought myself a box to test them out. I liked them a lot. They don't have a fragrance to them, but they dont have any overpowering alcohol smell also.

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down

Post  JacquelineRenae Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 am

I, personally, use a special microwavable container for boiling my cup. I bought it from the Meluna website, and it works wonders! It's much better than using a pan you use to cook your food in. It's safe to use on colored cups, as mine is colored as well. Just microwave it until the water boils, and then add a few more minutes to boil it a bit longer.
JacquelineRenae
JacquelineRenae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down