Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lunette and using rubbing alcohol for daily cleaning

2 posters

Go down

The Lunette and using rubbing alcohol for daily cleaning Empty The Lunette and using rubbing alcohol for daily cleaning

Post  jb7764 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 pm

I looked at the thread posted for cleaning and saw that alcohol could be used for some brands of cups but not others. Does anyone know if the alcohol is OK to use on the Lunette brand for the daily cleanings?
I don't have any soap safe to use on it that don't have harmful stuff to the cup in them right now. And I even heard a little bit about some soaps that could be used for washing the cups having ingredients in them that are really good for the body, so I'm not sure what to use. I figured if the Lunette could handle the alcohol then I would just use that until I figure out what soap that was the best to use that didn't cost $10 bucks a bottle and that I might already have on hand.

jb7764

Back to top Go down

The Lunette and using rubbing alcohol for daily cleaning Empty Re: The Lunette and using rubbing alcohol for daily cleaning

Post  msmith_1221 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:15 am

I use a generic of Summers eve liquid soap, I find it at wallmart for $2 for a huge bottle. At the end of my cycle I use a Lunette wipe. Which would be similar to using rubbing alcohol. If you were to use rubbing alcohol I would make sure to rinse it off after it has dried. Just to make sure the cup is fully clean. Use a cotton ball or something similar to put the rubbing alcohol on, don't soak your cup.

msmith_1221

Back to top Go down