Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soaking and cleaning cloth pads

Go down

Soaking and cleaning cloth pads Empty Soaking and cleaning cloth pads

Post  tellula Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi, I don't know where to put this because it's concerning cleaning reusable cloth pads, I stuck it here. Melissa, please feel free to move this if there's a better home for it. I am in the middle of making reusable cloth pads (flannel) and they should be ready for my next cycle. I'm wondering what would be best for treating and soaking stains. I've heard everything from hydrogen peroxide to salt in with the water which I'll be soaking them in. I'm also curious about baking soda, borax, vinegar and also what most women use to keep stains minimal.

Thanks, Tennille

tellula

Back to top Go down

Soaking and cleaning cloth pads Empty Re: Soaking and cleaning cloth pads

Post  Melissa569 Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Most of the people I know use vinegar and water, because its the most natural. Vinegar has a natural talent for stripping away residue, even if its from bodily fluids. Then of course, if you rinse most of the blood out of the pad as soon as possible after removing it (with COLD water, as warm or hot makes blood stains worse), before you soak it in the vinegar-- it will work much better. Many women just keep a plastic container with a lid under the bathroom sink, filled with the soaking solution, and keep their pads in there until they are ready to be washed. The vinegar will also keep bacteria down.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down