Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunette And Lunette Selene

+2
lunastar
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Lunette And Lunette Selene Empty Lunette And Lunette Selene

Post  Admin Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:28 am

If you own this cup, feel free to jump right in and do a post about it! To get this thread started, here is a link to my WordPress information page about menstrual cups, containing a review (with photos) for Lunette. Comments are welcome, and so are new posts:

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com/lunette-review/
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Lunette And Lunette Selene Empty Lunacup

Post  lunastar Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks Melissa !

The small Lunette was my 1st cup ever !! I love it so much even though it got a color (yellowish) after 6 months or so of use. No matter I found a way to whiten it back, but even yellowish, it's one of the best cups for me ! Easy to use, quite stiff, and I really its form !

if you're a first time user of a menstrual cup, you can get a Lunette, that's what we call in France "valeur sûre", it means sure value, no one is ever disappointed with a Lunette !

it's personnal but I don't really like the shade of blue the Selene offers, and being quite a purist, I stick to the transparent cup... so only have transparent Lunettes Razz but don't hesitate to try them, they're trully wonderful ! Very Happy

lunastar

http://www.easycup.fr/

Back to top Go down

Lunette And Lunette Selene Empty Re: Lunette And Lunette Selene

Post  Admin Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:50 pm

I agree, Lunette makes wonderful cups, great capacity, comfortable. The larges are firmer, so easy to open.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://menstrualcups.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Feminine Wear Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Lunette will be the first brand that I try - when I start my periods again after childbirth Very Happy
Feminine Wear
Feminine Wear

http://www.femininewear.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stare at the sky Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:12 pm

I love my large lunette Smile
All recommendations aside, I went with the large size when I bought it as a 19 year-old virgin. And I couldn't be happier with it. It's got great capacity, and I generally don't have any problems with it popping open (it doesn't pop open too soon, and doesn't take too long to open either). I only wish that I'd had the opportunity to get the Selene- it's so pretty! but it was released after I bought my lunette Sad
I also love that the stem isn't hollow like in some of the other cups out there- I never cut mine, and it generally doesn't give me problems, but I can feel it sometimes, and I imagine it wouldn't be all that comfortable if it was the other kind.
All in all a fantastic cup- I'd recommend it to anyone.

stare at the sky

Back to top Go down

Lunette And Lunette Selene Empty Large Lunette Selene - failure for me

Post  Anyutka Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Unfortunately I can't share your fascination with Lunette. It was my 2nd cup, after Shecup, since I was looking for higher capacity.

Firstly, it was stiff, I couldn't feel it while it was in... but it was highly unpleasant to take it out , so much that by the end of my third heavy flow day I couldn't any more put it in or out because of sourness. But normally day 4 and 5 are lighter so I switched back to Shecup.

Secondly, it leaked. I did try different folds and positions yet it didn't help me much. I am still not sure of the reason - either it is capacity or stiffness. I guess, since so many people say that it works beautifully for them - then it should be the capacity. (My cervix did take about 1/3 of my Shecup) Number of times I woke up in the night time with a quite unpleasant whet feeling. Each time I stood up from my bad I could feel, as described by some others, bubbly feeling........and - leak.

Thirdly, but this is not problem... It's just and observation - the stem - I find it very useful, that's why I didn't trim it. Yet, it has poked me and caused some discomfort. I guess this part can be easily sorted if the cup fits on all other parameters.

I genuinely regret it didn't work for me because I like all about it - shape, colour and material...

Although, compared to a Shecup which is solid) you can see stitches on the sides of cup, there were tiny bits of extra silicone on them and on the stem. Which gave me an overall impression that Shecup is higher quality, regardless of being cheaper.

Anyutka

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm

I think I've finally decided Lunette is the way to go for me. Just trying to find the best deal out there. I'm using up my stock of tampons and pads right now and hating every minute of it. LOL!

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Since Lunette distributors are required under contract to sell Lunette products at retail price, I think the only way to get a good deal is to order from the place closest to you, to save on shipping costs. Or if they are far away from you, see if they offer shipping discounts. But also, make sure they do not sell higher than retail. Retail is $39.99 USD. Some places will sell it for higher, I'm not sure why, I don't see any reason to, lol.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down