Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new member from europe

Go down

new member from europe Empty new member from europe

Post  Guinever Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:27 am

after lurking for a while i finally joined! Melissa, i really love your website and the forum, both were really helpful when i started to collect information about cups. i started using cups just 5 months ago, i read reviews about cups on an outdoor/climbing forum ( i am a climber too and climbing with a cup is just great, i hated pads and tampons). so far i have been using fleurcup, large and small and i really like their feel and shape.
however sometimes during my 2 stronger days ( my flow is quite heavy anyway, that's why i prefer the large size), i had some problems with leaking. i don't really know why because the cup was not full when i emptied it, so it was not overflowing, and my cervix was inside so the blood went into the cup. it happend 3 times, so now i am quite worried every time i use the cups and on my extry heavy days i always wear a pad, just in case. do you have any suggestions to avoid leaking? or should i just empty it more often?

Guinever

Back to top Go down

new member from europe Empty Re: new member from europe

Post  Melissa569 Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Hmmmm.... 2 issues come to mind when someone mentions leaking on their heavy days, with very little in the cup (particularly if they use a larger cup on those days:

1-- Cervix comming down really low and taking up capacity inside the cup (in that case, a a shorter yet wider cup might help.

2-- The large cup may be too large, sometimes having the worng size can cause leaks. If it only happens when you use the large, that may be the problem.

Let me know what you think Smile
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinever Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:34 pm

good points......i believe my cervix does come down quite low on the heavy days, that's something i didn't think about..... is there any cup you could suggest, how about the medium meluna? could that work?

Guinever

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 pm

There are some cups that are short and wide. Medium meluna is one of them, but its mostly about capacity... If you have a heavier flow, med. Meluna might not work, it only holds the same amount as a small ladycup. Add that to a low cervix and you could have a mess, lol.

But a lot of women who have this issue (if that is the issue) tend to like the large ladycup... It holds about the same as a small Fleurcup (or a small lunette) to the holes, but its wide and (kind of) short. Really soft too.

Or even the Large Lunette. It holds a lot, and the material is firm, like a Fleurcup. But the rim doesn't fan out as much. Also, I'm not sure if its shorter/wider than large Fleur, because I only have a small Fleur... I do know large Lunette is shorter than even my small Diva...

Oh wait... I did take a photograph of EVERY comparison, with every cup I have. I keep them on file for anyone who needs it. Let me see if I can find the large lunette with a small Fleur. And any others I think might help Smile I'll put them in replies down below.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh what the heck, I'll just put up all the small Fleur comparisons I have, so you can see how they all compare to it. Since you have a large Fleur, you can tell how it compares Smile . Ok, so here we go:

new member from europe Pictur10

new member from europe Pictur12

new member from europe Pictur13

new member from europe Pictur14

new member from europe Pictur15

new member from europe Pictur16

new member from europe Pictur17

new member from europe Pictur18

new member from europe Pictur19

new member from europe Pictur20

new member from europe Pictur21

new member from europe Pictur22