Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have bought a large yuuki!!

5 posters

Go down

I have bought a large yuuki!! Empty I have bought a large yuuki!!

Post  Sol_i_nord Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:23 pm

I have not used it for my period yet, only dry runs. The cups I have and use are large lunette and small fleurcup. They both start leaking before they are half full, and that is why I have bougt the yuuki. I am hoping that it will "follow my body" better then the other cups because it is softer. Also the holes are really small, maybe that will make a difference. I'm really crossing my fingers now, because so far no cup has held up to my 2 heavy nights, and I have to be able to be sure that my cup will hold up for 2 hours without beeing worried about leakage all the time. I'm really optimistic because so far in some of the posts I've read about the large yuuki people seem to have eksperienced it leaking less frequently than other cups.

It is soft, but I have not had trouble with it popping open, or, it doesn't "pop", but at least it opens fine;) It feels smaller going in than the lunette does even though it is sightly wider. I was worried about the extra lenght compaired to the lunette, but there's almost no difference, and the bottom is softer so it can sit really low without beeing a problem. The grip rings are not uncomfortable at all. I found the grip rings on my fleurcup to be really enoying, so I used a nail clipper to cut them off. The stem on the yuuki is probably the softest one I've experienced. I actually think I can keep it untrimmed without it beeing a problem. But then again I thought I could keep my lunette untrimmed to - I was wrong... Anyways, I really like this cup;)

If this works, and I really really hope it will, I'll pass my large lunette on to my friend. But my period is not due until next month. I will write again when I've used it through my heavy days;)

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

I have bought a large yuuki!! Empty Re: I have bought a large yuuki!!

Post  Melissa569 Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:45 am

I'm crossing my fingers too, I hope this is yout "goldielocks" cup Smile We need more peoplewith large Yuuki experience.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sol_i_nord Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:00 pm

I've now almost finished my first cycle with the large yuuki cup, and I am really happy with it Very Happy I have not had any leaks, and now I know for sure that the reason for my large lunette to leak at less then half full is NOT due to my cervix taking up space. With my other cups I've had to empty almost every hour on my 2 heaviest days, and sometimes I would have leaks after ~30 min. so I never felt secure. But now I know I have between 3 and 6 hours even on my heavy days!! If you look at the compairishing photos I took (under "photos") you can see that the lunette and yuuki look pretty similar, so I think that I've had more sucsess with the yuuki because:

-it is squishier, so it wown't loose its seal when I move around

-the wholes are much smaller, so I never feel the air bubbles that I have with other cups. Maybe the fact that the air escapes slowly increases the risk of leaking?

All in all I'm really glad that I finally found my cup Laughing

Sol_i_nord

Back to top Go down

Post  mamav5 Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:26 pm

I have one for you, Melissa Very Happy

I'm on my first period with the large yuuki, and I'm so glad I bought one Exclamation
When I used my MCUK or large meluna, I alway spotted, too much to go without a pantyliner, but now with my Yuuki I don't need them Laughing I guess the first two were just to small for me, they're not wide enough.
I also love the high capacity of the Yuuki.
This morning when I came out of bed, my Yuuki was filled to the rim. If I had worm the MCUK or the meluna, I would have leaked.

mamav5

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr007 Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:59 pm

I never felt secure. But now I know I have between 3 and 6 hours even on my heavy days

Mr007

Back to top Go down

I have bought a large yuuki!! Empty Second sycle on Large Yuuki

Post  Annyshka Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:19 am

Hello! I have bough my large Yuuki after I had leaking problems with SheCup and large Lunette.
With SheCup it was mainly capacity issue, and I am still using this lovely cup for my lighter days.
With my large Lunette I have had exactly the same bubbly feeling as described by Sol_i_nord and terrible leaks, and it was rather stiff and painful to take out.
While Yuuki resolved most the problems. Although it's the biggest cup out there - it's squishiness makes it not painful to take out.
And obviously capacity is fantastic, on heavy days I can wear it for up to 7 hours. (about 3 with my SheCup)
Yet, there still is this thing........
It seems that cups work for me only in the upright or sitting down position, as soon as I lye down - they leak. I always have to wear some protection in the night time.
Today it has started to leak in the morning while I was still in bed, when I stood up leaking intensified. When I took a cup out - there was way less then a quoter... not even 5 ml. No An even more interesting is that the seal was there when I took it out.
I am sure that I place my cup around my cervix, each time I am checking it's position and seal...
Now I am out of ideas why this is happening. The cup is nearly widest possible, it's squishy, it has great capacity... I guess it's not cup that fail, it's something about my anatomy that makes them fail. confused
Annyshka
Annyshka

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:26 am

Glad the large Yuuki works better. But as for the laying down thing, just a thought I have and I put it to use as well-- Try sleeping on your stomach, if you can. Since our cups slant back toward our rectum, if we lay down, that would mean our cups are pretty much upside-down. Not a danger, but, it could be the reason for breaks in the seal. On the oposite side, if you sleep on your stomach, your cup would be sitting almost perfectly upright, so it would catch it all better.
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down