Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi I'm a Diva/mooncup UK user

3 posters

Go down

Hi I'm a Diva/mooncup UK user Empty Hi I'm a Diva/mooncup UK user

Post  shaz1121 Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:32 pm

I have been using the cups for about 4 months but I am having alot of problems with leakage. I started with the mooncup and it leak the second day which is usually my heaviest day. Next month I tried the Diva cup and it leaked the first three day. This month I tried the mooncup again and it leaked everyday I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I always have to wear a pad because I know I will leak. Please help because I like to the cup just want it to stop leaking. Both cups are the large size.
Thanks

shaz1121

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm a Diva/mooncup UK user Empty Re: Hi I'm a Diva/mooncup UK user

Post  Kammioderin Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi there and welcome.

It looks like you've only been using cups for a few cycles but your first couple were leak free? The obvious question is if the cup is full or even partially full, sometimes a low cervix can take up space in a cup so it will be "full" before it reaches it's full capacity. If that's the case it might just need to be emptied more often. One of the other main leaking problems is the cup not being below the cervix and not really "catching" your flow. Adjusting the angle that you insert the cup can help with this, and I know when I do my sweep to be sure that the cup is open I can sometimes feel my cervix trying to peek out and I can wiggle my cup to get it inside.

There are a few posts in the problems area of the board about leaking, they might be able to help you more than I can.

Good luck.
Kammioderin
Kammioderin

Back to top Go down

Post  shaz1121 Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks for the reply.
When I check my cup it is never full it's usually halfway or less. Another problem I did not mention in my other post is that my cup seems to ride up. I will place it low but when I check it's very far up so does that mean that it did not seal properly. I even wondering if I should try another cup.

shaz1121

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenBee Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:26 pm

I would agree, make sure its not an angle problem. Remember to always insert it back like you're trying to push it through to your rectum. That's the direction the vagina goes. If you aim up, youre going against your angle and it won't seal properly.

But if you have been aiming back, then I would also say make sure to check if your cervix is inside your cup. I too can feel mine trying to get around the side sometimes.

Its normal for your cup to travel up toward the cervix. Companies like to say that the cup "does not go toward the cervix", because discussion of the cervix is considered "medical advice". Since they are not doctors, they are not allowed to give medical advice.

But its not true... A cup DOES go up near the cervix, because it naturally wants to move to the top. So if your cervix is low, then you are considered short in the vagina and the cup will sit down low, so you need a shorter cup. But if you are long in the vagina, the cup will travel up to the end, and it might be a little difficult to reach, so you would need a longer cup. One way or another, a cup will move up and sit around your cervix.

Its because there is the light suction drawing the cup up, up, up inside and also the moisture inside you allows it to slide that way.

If changing the angles and checkign for you cervix doesn't work, then trying a different cup might. With leakage beign the issue, perhaps a firmer cup or one with a mroe serious rim would help? You could try a Fleurcup, because it has both components. It has a lot of capacity too, witht he holes being way p under the rim, so if your cervix is taking up room in the cup, that will buy you more time between the times you empty your cup.
QueenBee
QueenBee

Back to top Go down

Post  Kammioderin Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

I would probably fiddle with the cups I had before shelling out money for a new one, play with the insertion angles a bit and stuff. Learning curves with cups can take a while, I've been using mine for 5 months, but used Insteads for several months before that and I'm just getting comfortable enough to not use a backup.

Most people find that cups sort of find their own "sweet spot" to rest in so the traveling is not that unusual. Keep trying and if none of our suggestions help then I'd start researching a cup that will fit you better.
Kammioderin
Kammioderin

Back to top Go down

Post  shaz1121 Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Thank you Kammioderin and Queenbee for your great advice I will try your suggestions next month. I really don't want to give up as I enjoy using the cup instead of tampons and pads. Thanks again.

shaz1121

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm a Diva/mooncup UK user Empty RE: Diva cup

Post  Haligirl Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 pm

The first time I used the cup, it took a couple tries but I got it in perfectly with no leaks. The second cycle, it kept leaking, and this cycle it was leaking but I think I've found the right position again. I think this time I was turning it too much and fiddling around with it too much and maybe breaking the seal. My advice is not to aim it completely horizontal like they say but slightly up (not vertical though) until it JUST fits in, then give it a twist and run your finger around it to make sure it has expanded. I'm still dealing with the leaks but it is definitely better than using tampons or pads - the leakage isn't enough to be significant.

Haligirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down