Menstrual Cups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The story behind MPowercup

5 posters

Go down

The story behind MPowercup Empty The story behind MPowercup

Post  glendatutt Mon May 17, 2010 9:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxh50XguXJ0
This is me and a small taster of my vision beyond menstrual cups.

glendatutt

http://www.mpowercup.co.za

Back to top Go down

The story behind MPowercup Empty Re: The story behind MPowercup

Post  Sekhmet Mon May 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Glenda:

What an amazing story. I'm so glad you decided to share that with everyone. Your story shows us that we can all pull glorious strength out of ourselves and overcome any situation. Smile I've never talked personally with the founder of a menstrual cup company, so this is quite a treat. Thanks for creating yet another option for all of us.
Sekhmet
Sekhmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow, what an honor to have you on these forums! You actually created that cup? Amazing! Your video was very inspiring and I welcome you to the forums.

Back to top Go down

Post  Melissa569 Mon May 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Wow! It just makes everything so much more personal to see and hear you speak-- how touching to hear details of your story! And it looks like you have a lot of belief and vision in what you do.

Welcome to our forum Smile

Even though I'm not a menstrual cup manufacturer, or a distributer, like you and several others, I still had a vision regarding cups-- I wanted to help make them more mainstream, and educate women about them. To provide information sources that would help women to see them as something wonderful, and not be so apprehensive about them. And so I made a youtube channel, a discussion forum, and a couple of information blogs, as well as pages on several popular social networks. A year and half ago, I never thought I would be earning money from home just by offering up what I know abotu something I love... But today, Google and YouTube have both invited me to partner with them in revenue sharing, because they like the popularity of these sites.

When you go out into the world, and you decide that you're going to do somehting-- then you do it-- you feel good about it, because not only are you working for yourself, but you are helping to make other people's lives better as well. Its very rewarding, as I'm sure you know.

I may not be focussed on any one particular brand, its mainly just the concept of a cup that I am trying to make mainstream. But in the end, I think we are really all working together to make this something that is widely accepted and we can do it if we just keep pushing forward. Every woman who uses a menstrual cup is a a helper in that quest, particularly on the internet.

Big hugs!

Melissa
Melissa569
Melissa569

http://menstrualcupinfo.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The story behind MPowercup Empty MPowering us all

Post  glendatutt Tue May 18, 2010 2:12 am

Hello again
Thank you for your welcomes and for this forum. Today I am working on an amazing campaign for Women's Month in August as in SA 9 August is Women's Day. Personally I feel it is is women's, and children's, day everyday but there you go........... I always had a vision for distribution of sustainable sanitary ware to those who cannot afford even this most basic of needs. Here in SA 60% of the sanitary ware market cannot afford tampons/pads, how shocking is that? And because of my background of not having money to buy my own it is close to my heart. I launched The Karabo Initiative in February this year-see my website for more details www.mpowercup.co.za It is still in it's start up phase but I'm hoping by end August to have donated 1 000 cups to women in need. It is in the form of a pledge system whereby you can "donate" an MPowercup to be distributed through a reputable charity to a woman who needs one. I may not change the world with just one MPowercup but I will change that women's world forever. It is also pertinent as women who are infected with HIV or even simply HIV positive are 40 times more likely to contract cervical cancer-these women in these communities affected by poverty cannot risk using any other form of sanitary ware! It has now become a physical threat and not merely a basic need to ensure that they have a menstrual cup.
Ok ok, before I go on a tangent let me get back to actually working on this campaign haha. Have a wonderful day all you MPowered women. xxxx

glendatutt

http://www.mpowercup.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post  Feminine Wear Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm

That's a great video, Glenda. You look great.
I have posted it on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Feminine-Wear/262280740292 :-)
Feminine Wear
Feminine Wear

http://www.femininewear.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  testina_blu Wed May 19, 2010 5:38 am

Hello Glenda, and thank you for sharing! Your story means a lot, not only as the story of a menstrual cup manifacturer, but as that of a woman who really believes in something and struggled to make it happen. I strikes me particulary because I'm thinking of how can I change my life in order to do something really useful, something to be proud of.
testina_blu
testina_blu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down